When you look for sth here

Wednesday 2 March 2016

All about giving

There is this nice feeling of accomplishment, and inner pride when you give something to someone. Better still, if they like what you give. If you don't, there are ways to show it: nastier and mean, or gentle and nice.
Shamefully, I did both - receiving something I was totally not happy with. I got bitter aftertaste after being mean, and felt good about myself after being nice.
I thought I got it all explained in my head.
Recently, however, I got the best explanation ever. From a person with over 7 years of experience in receiving presents, and a bit more than 4 in giving them.

- Do you know why you feel good when you give presents? Because when you give a lot of them, you get a lot of them, too.


Logically, that is the case.


I should have figured it out sooner.


Then again, it wouldn't be half as sweet and lovely as when hearing it from her...

No comments:

Post a Comment