When you look for sth here

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Taken by storm

ROB
Darling, have you seen this!? This is shocking!

EDWINA
You mean, the weather? You don't have to read about it to notice - just look outside. It was really windy this morning when I was getting that newspaper of yours for you. I was almost blown away.

ROB
You mean, blown out.

EDWINA
That too.

ROB
What I meant was, all the share prices plummeted yesterday! They even compare it to the weather!

EDWINA
Where?

ROB
Everywhere! It happened all over the world. All the markets were battered, they say.

EDWINA
Then clearly their analogy to weather doesn't make sense.

ROB
Why?

EDWINA
What do you mean, why? Because it is not stormy and windy all over the world, or is it?!

ROB
I guess not ...

EDWINA
Somewhere there, there is no evil under the sun. There is clear blue sky, warm sunshine embracing your skin, and rain only at nights to make the air even fresher, and clearer for the next morning.

ROB
What evil has got to do with it?

EDWINA
It was a quote. Ever heard of Agatha Christie? 

ROB
Ah, I see. Yes, I get it now. Temporary memory loss. It happens, wait until you're in your 80s, you'll notice that, too.

EDWINA
I'm already in my 80s. For two years now. Haven't notice anything. 

ROB
It might be Alzheimer's then. You don't know it but it's there...

No comments:

Post a Comment