When you look for sth here

Friday 26 February 2016

Taken by storm - again

ROB - Look at this, darling, it's shocking! All first page about the weather. Horrible, horrible...

EDWINA - What, the weather? You don't have to read about, just look outside. When I was getting that newspaper for you, the one you are reading now, about the weather, I was nearly blown away.

ROB - blown out rather

EDWINA - that too

ROB - But I wasn't talking about the weather! Although it is a fascinating subject... I was talking about the share prices; all went down yesterday. And yes, they compare it to the weather, but it's the share prices... Horrible, horrible...

EDWINA - Huh?

ROB - It's everywhere, all across the globe!!! The markets battered...

EDWINA - but their analogy to weather makes no sense

ROB - Why?

EDWINA - Men... because it is not stormy and windy all over the world, clearly!?!

ROB - I guess...

EDWINA - Exactly! Thank you! There is no evil under the sun somewhere else. There is clear blue sky and sun warming your skin, making everything brighter and fresher...
And if it rains, it only rains at night, so then you wake up to another bright and fresh day...

ROB - You said no evil under the sun, why evil?

EDWINA - I read. A lot. Books, you know. And that is a quote, from a Agatha, an amazing crime stories author.
ROB - Never heard of... Or I did! I did, I just forgot...

EDWINA - You forgot. Hmm.

ROB - Wait until you're 80. You will know what I mean then.

EDWINA - I am already 80. Actually, I am 82.
ROB - Really? So it is not a temporary memory loss. I have Alzheimer's. Oh my God...

No comments:

Post a Comment