When you look for sth here

Saturday 7 November 2015

Baseline

When expecting my SuperSpidergirl, I used to watch Greys Anatomy.


I know.
What could be better than a combination of blood, flesh, pain and trauma served in an aestheticly pleasing way. So real, and so authentic. Just what you need when facing a natural birth. For the first time.

There's a reason why I seem to enjoy medical, crime, and mystery themes in literature, movies, and art (The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp, one of my favourite Rembrandt pieces, being one example:).
I was supposed to join my cousins, uncles and aunts, who chose to serve people saving their lives. But apparently there was not enough talking involved in their everyday work. Therefore I went for business trade...:). Yet, I have a lot of respect for their work.


In one of the Greys episodes, I found out the eternal truth. Managed to prove it few times myself. And that's why I have a lot of respect for that TV series, too.



If you're in a deadlock, go back to the basics.
It usually works.







No comments:

Post a Comment