When you look for sth here

Thursday 15 January 2015

Clearance, reduction and further sale

If you're as cautious consumer as I am, you probably will now be getting loads of e-mails, with titles including heading of this post. I genuinely thought that registering with few retail dignity-reasoning-and-money-rippers was a great idea. Ok, more than few; definitely less than 27:) anyways, I don't know why I showed so much weakness, allowing them to kindly inform me not to forget buying necessary stuff they need to get rid of before spring kicks in, and everyone is even more ready to spend more, to look healthier, to be happier through increased consumerism.
I have nothing against things for sale. I am happy I have the opportunity to go and take (and yes, unfortunately, pay) what I need. Not all of us people living now have that much luck. In that sense, I feel grateful. At the same time, however, I feel miserable and snowed under all who really think I am that intelligence-missing person, seriously believing I need another pair of serums (maybe I do, but that's not the point), or a set of Christmas scented candles (probably to remind me of gloomy short December days; oh, and they're half the price, who wouldn't be tempted, really).

I am really starting to believe in the power of minimalism. I think it would only do me good to have that defined for me, and stick to that definition. And I also think it would be a good idea for all. Even if a selection of 3 spare cleansers gently tucked into a bathroom shelf, right behind 2 night creams is indispensable for someone (ekhm), it's great to have that included in that minimalistic plan.

Planning, again. I seem to be focused on one topic these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment